J. Hubler Landscaping Inc., a full service Commercial and Residential Landscape, Excavation, and Construction company based in Elizabethtown, PA is looking for a motivated, full-time LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE CREW MEMBER.
The Landscape Maintenance Crew member is a vital part of our company being a part of the team that consistently delivers a quality product that exceeds customer expectations; while also striving to uphold our core values of Precision, Honesty, Innovation, Dependability and Efficiency.
If you have a poor attitude, do not work well with co-workers, or complain about customers or the work, please move on, WE’RE NOT INTERESTED!
In this position, you will be responsible for performing grounds maintenance functions to maintain and maximize overall landscape quality using proper horticultural practices and various types of equipment, ensure work is performed to the company’s and customer’s expectations, ensure landscape and horticulture quality standards are met for every job.
Apply directly at our online application.
- Perform grounds maintenance functions (e.g., pulling weeds, raking leaves, sweeping sidewalks, and cleaning debris)
- Operate light landscape equipment (e.g., leaf blower, string trimmer, edger, pruning shears, hedge trimmer)
- Perform various types of pruning (e.g., hard, natural, formal)
- Install and maintain various types of plant vegetation, shrubs and trees
- Apply basic landscape chemicals (e.g., fertilizer, Round Up) using the proper chemical application equipment
- basic knowledge of how to complete irrigation repairs
- Ensure work is performed to the company’s and customer’s expectations.
- Maintain tools and equipment to ensure safety.
- Comply with all company policies and safety procedures.
- Work effectively in a group or individually.
- Take direction from Foreman and follows instructions.
- Communicate effectively with Foreman and co-workers.
- Performs Winter Service (e.g., snow clearing, winter watering, installations, pruning) is a MUST.
- Typical work week is Monday – Friday, 8-10 hours/days, as job and weather dictates. Saturdays may be mandatory depending on weather conditions.
- At least one (1) year of landscape and grounds management or similar experience, wages commensurate with experience.
- Work is predominately outdoors, exposed to varying temperatures, snow and weather conditions, and noise levels; exposure to dust, grease, dust, and fumes.
- Must be a self-starter with an excellent attitude. JERKS NEED NOT APPLY!
- Strong team mindset is a must!
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, bend to pick up or walk for long periods. Must be able to move, lift, and carry objects weighing up to 80 pounds; normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination; corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
You will be phone screened for your first interview, then an in-person interview, followed by a field test interview portion. Masks can be worn at your preference.