J. Hubler Landscaping Inc., a full service Commercial and Residential Landscape, Excavation, and Construction company based in Elizabethtown, PA is looking for a motivated, full-time CONSTRUCTION FOREMAN.
The Construction Foreman is a vital part of our company! You will be a part of a team that consistently delivers a quality product that exceeds customer expectations; while also striving to uphold our core values of Precision, Honesty, Innovation, Dependability and Efficiency.
If you have a poor attitude, do not work well with co-workers, or complain about customers or the work, please move on, WE’RE NOT INTERESTED!
In this position, you will be responsible for performing various hardscape installation functions, demonstrate full knowledge of multiple trades and construction, lead operational aspects of a work team, ensure work is performed to the company’s and customer’s expectations, ensure landscape and horticulture quality standards are met for every job.
Apply directly at our online application.
- Properly performs maintenance functions using hand tools (e.g., pick, shovel), complex tools (e.g., plumb Bob), and powered equipment (e.g., saws, drills)
- Ability to install a strong base for patio, retaining walls and other structures.
- Proper use of construction lasers
- Schedules equipment, PA One-Call System, as needed
- Reads blueprints, job planners, elevations, and programs controllers
- Meets with vendors and subcontractors
- Basic knowledge of how to complete irrigation repairs
- Completes all required paperwork and administrative duties on time (e.g., team members’ timecards, signs for deliveries, equipment inventory, punch lists)
- Trains and work with team members to complete job within established time frames, not just bark orders
- Ensures job site is safe
- Documents safety and/or job issues using a phone
- Sets up truck/trailer daily with all supplies and equipment needed to complete the day’s work
- Must have a DOT Med Card or be able to obtain within 60 days of hiring
- Maintain tools and equipment to ensure safety.
- Comply with all company policies and safety procedures.
- Work effectively in a group or individually.
- Take direction from Operation Manager and Sales Staff and follows instructions.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers along with Operation Manager and Sales Staff.
- Performs Winter Service (e.g., snow clearing, winter watering, installations, pruning) is a MUST.
- Typical work week is Monday – Friday, 8-10 hours/days, as job and weather dictates. Saturdays may be mandatory depending on weather conditions.
- At least five (5) years of professional landscape and construction management experience similar to that described above, wages commensurate with experience
- Work is predominately outdoors, exposed to varying temperatures, snow and weather conditions, and noise levels; exposure to dust, grease, dust, and fumes.
- Must be a self-starter with an excellent attitude. JERKS NEED NOT APPLY!
- Strong team mindset is a must!
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, bend to pick up or walk for long periods. Must be able to move, lift, and carry objects weighing up to 80 pounds; normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination; corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- You will be phone screened for your first interview, then an in-person interview, followed by a field test interview portion. Masks can be worn at your preference.