J. Hubler Landscaping Inc., a full service Commercial and Residential Landscape, Excavation, and Construction company based in Elizabethtown, PA is looking for a motivated, full-time Lawn Care Manager with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
The Lawn Care Manager is responsible for managing the lawn care portfolio services for new and existing clients of J. Hubler Inc. and will also strive to uphold our core values of Precision, Honesty, Innovation, Dependability and Efficiency.
If you have a poor attitude, do not work well with co-workers, or complain about customers or the work, please move on, WE’RE NOT INTERESTED!
In this position, you will schedule applications, assist with proposals, make applications as needed, and design lawn care programs, as well as the calculation of labor and material costs. Experience with irrigation system installation is a plus!
Apply directly at our online application.
The Lawn Care Manager will be responsible for running the Lawn Care division of the company. This person is responsible for applying pesticides and fertilizers to turf and ornamental plant beds to control pests and maintain a beautiful landscape for our customers.
(Actual demonstration of skills or documents may be required)
- Preferred 2 or 4-year degree in Agriculture/Horticulture related field (considerable experience can substitute this requirement).
- Previous experience with effective pesticide application techniques is required.
- Knowledge of lawn, tree, shrub, and other landscape products
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Category 7 Lawn & Turf Certification within 90 days of employment.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or on a team as well.
- Must enjoy working outside in all-weather elements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of computer software (Windows and Microsoft Office)
- Consistently adheres to company safety rules and procedures to avoid injuries and other incidents.
- Can be counted on to be at work on time every day.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Develop and implement schedules for managing the lawn care portfolio that leads to contract renewals, superior client ratings, and a profitable relationship.
- Implement the use of an environmentally sound pest management program that includes Integrated Pest Management.
- Comfortable operating Toro Spraymaster (or similar) equipment for fertilizer/chemical applications.
- Mix and safely apply products according to product label specifications.
- Calibrates equipment to gauge actual product used with a spreader or sprayer.
- Maintain records of all fertility and pesticide applications.
- Develop and maintaining long-term client relationships.
- Assist in developing and implementing written annual business plan.
- May assist with the training of co-workers.
- May perform other general landscape maintenance duties such as planting, pruning, mowing, edging, mulching, etc. to ensure the continued success of our company.
- Light maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Assist with snow removal during the winter months.
- Ability to lift 75lbs.
- Ability to stand, bend over, or kneel for extended periods of time.
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions from extreme heat to cold, rainy and/ or snow conditions.
- You will be phone screened for your first interview, then an in-person interview, followed by a field test interview portion. Masks can be worn at your preference.